Editing your TT Poi files with Tyre

TomTom Model(s)
Go-920 App 9.465 Map N A 895.4438 C&W Europe 8.30 Magellan Explorist 710
For those of you that are not aware that you can use Tyre to edit your TT Poi ov2 Files.

This is something that I didn?t know about Tyre. When you have Tyre installed on you computer you will be able to open TT ov2 point of interest files with the Tyre program and view their locations on Google Maps. You can then add Poi to the file, delete or rename the Poi?s.

This is very handy if you have DL a poi file from TT home or some other site.

I did this with a rest-area POI file that I had D/L and when I opened it with Tyre I found many-marked poi?s that weren?t rest areas at all.

Hopefully this bit of information will be helpful to some of you.

Just thought I'd update here a little, yesterday I did a route on google and then downloaded it to Tyre, it showed up in Tyre and after some playing around (not a computer geek, just an old fart) did the download to the TT but couldn't figure out how to get it to show up, it showed I did the load, so tonite I was fooling around with it and finally went to Tyre help page and found some info on the "changing preferences, planning preferences, itinerary planning, etc", son of a gun I got it......WooooooHoooo, my route is loaded just like I wanted it, I am so happy and so impressed just had to post.
I must say a "Big Thank You" to all those who set this Tyre Program up, it is so neat............:D

By the way I have the TT One XL

Last edited:

Ask a Question