Editing Favorites?

Hello! I have a v4 and I'm curious how to delete favorites or just edit their names. Any clues? I've searched the forums but to no avail. Thanks in advance!

Hello! I have a v4 and I'm curious how to delete favorites or just edit their names. Any clues? I've searched the forums but to no avail. Thanks in advance!

Under preferences, there's an option called Manage Favourites. If you don't see that option, also under Change preferences tap on show more options. After enabling that you should see Manage favourites.

Thanks, you guys, for the prompt response. It worked beautifully. I was also becoming weary when I couldn't figure out how to cancel my route but you solved that as well.

Let me pose another question. Say I'm going to just stay in the Southeast all the time. Is there a more detailed map of the Southeast I can download and since it will probably be so big, replace the whole map of the US it comes with? Thanks!

Tom Tom ONE - edit favorites?

Ok, hope this doesn't end up being a stupid question. :)
I have the 3rd edition TOM TOM ONE, how do you edit the favorites to give them a "name" atleast, so you dont just have a list of "addresses"?

I have the 3rd edition TOM TOM ONE, how do you edit the favorites to give them a "name" atleast, so you dont just have a list of "addresses"?

There is an option...go to the Main Menu>Change Preferences>Manage Favourites. You can select the favourite and be able to rename it.

Under preferences, there's an option called Manage Favourites. If you don't see that option, also under Change preferences tap on show more options. After enabling that you should see Manage favourites.

Well, sort of... If he's in the US... it's favorites... (no "u") :D:p:rolleyes:;)

You are correct. For some reason I didnt see it. Then i went into the TOMTOM software, and used my TomTom via the software instead of tapping it's screen, and voila, that option was right there. My bad. Thank you!!

Lost keyboard on screen

For some reason I no longer have my keyboard on my tomtom. When I go into chnage or rename favorite, I no longer see the keyboard. Any ideas on how to get it back?

digital-flex's comment is correct (of course), but remember that you can also give the favorites a name as you make them... It will be the last option shown before you save the favorite.

I find it's faster to set up favorites on a real keyboard when the TomTom is connected to the computer using TomTom Home 2 (use the Operate my TomTom feature). However, for some reason, the shift key is locked out so any favorite you enter will be in lower case.

The full factory reset (returning the unit to its state when you first bought it) is done in the Preferences menu. You will lose your personal settings.

The paperclip thing is a soft reset, when the unit is locked up, for example. This won't wipe out the personal settings.

Ask a Question