Edit/Name Destination Address

Greetings All,

I would like to know if it is possible to "name" or label selections in the 'previous destinations" menu. I just purchased a TT One XL, upgrading from my 4 or 5(?) year old Magellan...no clue what model. All I know is, it's about the size of a mini fridge. At any rate, I was able to "edit" or name my previous destinations on the Magellan. I found it quite convenient to be able to open my previous destinations screen and select from a list of friends names, fav restaurants, and clients business names.

I perfomed a search in this forum for "edit previous destinations", "name previous destinations" and "label previous destinations". I was unable to find what I was looking for. If anyone can offer help, it would be much appreciated.

SmittyVIP

to change a name of a favorite goto main menu 1 of 3 tap change preferences tap next page preferences 2 of 7 tape manage favorites
then tape the fav you want to change the name on

Thanks for both responses. The "Favorites" feature will work well for my purposes. Off the top of your head, is there a max to the number of favorites that can be stored? Again, thx for any and all feedback.

SmittyVIP

If I remember correctly it's 49.

Just as an aside you can open the favorites file called mapsettings.cfg in your map folder using a program called poiedit and immediately edit and save the file as a tomtom ov2 file. very handy feature at times to convert favorites to pois.

Ask a Question