Edit exit/street name for text-to-speech purposes

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920T
I've got a GO 920T with firmware 8.302 and map 825. Several streets and exits have now changed name per what's shown at the top of the screen and per what Loquendo is being fed, however those new names are a bit off. For example, it's fed "Co Hwy G2 / Lawrence Expy" which is technically accurate but almost all signs just call the street Lawrence Expressway with no mention of County Highway G2. However the name of the street is already Lawrence Expy so I can't put in a rename request.

Likewise it's fed a highway exit of "Dumbarton Br" which it pronounces "Dumbarton Branch" but is supposed to be Dumbarton Bridge. When I went to edit the exit name, it had a completely different name for the exit on the map with no mention of Dumbarton Br at all.

So the question is, where is the alternate text coming from (I can't find it), and how do I edit it in MapShare aside from explaining it in a sentence or two under the "Other" category?

The green street signs are not editable live via mapshare.

You can note it as an "other" change in mapshare - maybe they'll notice.

In teleatlas mapinsight there is a category:
- Traffic regulations -> Highway Entrance/Exit -> Highway Entrance -> Change Highway Entrance Name

Yeah, tried that on my TomTom but editing an exit name is apparently no different from editing a street name. Since TTS seems to read the green and white signs, that's what has to be edited.

Sounds like I'm already doing the right thing; thanks for the confirmation.

Ask a Question