Eclipse AVN2210p

i have a Eclipse AVN2210p and i started to loose map detail. So I decided to update my maps and register my product using the TomTom home. I let the TomTom home updated everything, I was excited to pop the unit back into my car and check out the new updates.

"No Maps Found"

Now im stuck and i don?t know what to do, i have read about 10 threads on this problem and i have tried pretty much all of them.

When i have my TT hooked up to the PC(my tomtom) i can see the maps are on the TT's hard drive, but it just wont read them when i turn the device on

I also deleted the Guam map, and i think this is where my problem started.

I think I may be on to solving this problem, I read in a certain thread that says there is a way to rename the maps so the TT can recognize them, does this sound familiar?
BTW, I didn?t have a chance to back up my TT when it first updated everything.

If i decided to buy the USA map will i have the same problem?

here is what I suggest (and have had to do a couple of times)... no warranty provided, but this has worked for me when I have borked something...

This assumes you already have the latest version of HOME installed.

Connect TomTom to your computer

Open in My Computer (windows), or Finder (mac)

Delete ALL files on the TomTom, empty Recycle Bin (windows), or Trash (mac)

Open HOME and log in

Click Download Updates - it may try to do this automatically when it opens depending on your settings

HOME should sense that nothing is on the TomTom and tell you it needs to install all kinds of stuff... maps, program, updates, whatever

It may or may not need to download all these things depending on if they are already downloaded in HOME, if it needs to get them, be prepared for it to take a while - the maps are 897 MB (I hope you are on broadband).

The CD that came with the Eclipse is pretty much worthless, just FYI.

Ask a Question