Eclipse AVN2210p in '04 Jetta TDI

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Eclipse
Very nice. I'm all the more anxious to get mine installed after Christmas now.

Did you install it yourself, or did you have a shop do it for you?

I had a local shop do it for me. I have installed lots of head units in the past, but this one was a bit more complex and I didn't want to go tracking down the speed wire and whatnot on my very-expensive-to-fix VW.

Found it!

Looks pretty sharp!

I'm surprised at how different the interior of the '04 is compared to my wife's '06... Was your shop able to minimize the distance it protrudes out from the dash (tough to tell from the photos)? I did my install, and had a kit that was textured much like the surround on yours - but after a lot of sanding & fill & paint, was able to match it up to the dash pretty well, although it was a PITA. Thanks for sharing!

It sticks out about 3/4 of an inch... I would really like to re-do the install (again) with a better surround/face/whatever that isn't just a piece of textured plastic cut out to fit around and then glued in place.

The shop did a good job but left a lot of rattles have started to show up (it's a TDI and it's cold out) so I have had to pull the head unit and use some arts and crafts foam (about 1/8 inch thick) to prevent rattles and vibration. I have no idea where to look/find something to do it better than it already is.

The interiors on the newer mark V's is a lot better/different than the MKIV's - especially a stripped down GS like mine - nothing but defrost in the push buttons on the dash - no seat heaters or traction or any of the good stuff :)

Ask a Question