earphone?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 510
I would like to use my Go-510 outside my car.. ie, walking or on my bike. But I would prefer to slip the thing into my pocket like a walkman, and have an earphone connected to it to tell me which way to go. I need an earphone attached to it.

As far as I can see, there is only one earphone jack, and it is on the vehicle mounted adaptor... and even then, I am not sure that is used to listen to the directions.

Is there some attachment I can get to use the 510 with an earphone?

Yes you can use an earphone. However, your 510 has to be connected to the mount. If you have a second mount, I would suggest you modify the mount like I did here in the first part of the thread. You plug in the earphone to the proper input on the mount.

Thanks

Yes you can use an earphone. However, your 510 has to be connected to the mount. If you have a second mount, I would suggest you modify the mount like I did here in the first part of the thread. You plug in the earphone to the proper input on the mount.

Pedro, thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed description (with photos!) of your mod.

I was hoping there was a simple accessory that could be bought that just plugged into the back of the 510, that would connect to an earphone.

Your method would work, but I fear the cost of a second mount will be rather expensive, and also will protrude from the 510, possibly making it inconvenient to carry. Certainly, it will not fit in the supplied protective carrying kit with the mount attached.

Take the mount apart takes less than 5 minutes. I can take it apart and put back to gether again.
I know one would want to try this on an extra mount, in turn these moutns are expensive.

Ask a Question