duplicate poi

when i navigate to poi i see 2 similar descrioptions , let's name it shop
but when i see my list of poi i only see one
is that because they have differenet icons with same name?
how cai fix that? i would like to combine both to one but i see only one shop at the folder
thanks again

That's one of the funnier aspects of community POI submissions -- more than one person submitted it with slightly different descriptions and/or categories (icons). So both appear. There are some benefits to this... for example Costco (which is as much a gas station as a Store) would show up if you've screened the POI list by category. For example, "closest gas station."

...but sometimes the only difference is CaPiTaLiZaTiOn, so I have to assume TomTom doesn't have an elegant way to screen out duplicates. I've been deleting duplicates when I find them (and sending the deletion request to MapShare).

...but sometimes the only difference is CaPiTaLiZaTiOn, so I have to assume TomTom doesn't have an elegant way to screen out duplicates. I've been deleting duplicates when I find them (and sending the deletion request to MapShare).
Do these updates work for other than built-in POI? Can MapShare propagate changes to user-created lists, too?

My town, for example, has two identical POI symbols (same icon) for its public library. Not sure which one I should remove, as I think they're both from built-ins.

Coincidentally, the Library in-question is made of "two buildings joined by a narrow gallery." So, it's not much of a problem. ;)

R?

Ask a Question