Duplicate POI Categories

To start off, I'm using a Mac (Leopard). Also, I'm using a 4GB SDHC Card for everything. When I copy POI and BMP files to my North American 2GB folder, I get duplicate categories on my TomTom. At the top of the category listing, i get the name with a period before it (with no entries) and then the correct category (with no period) where it's supposed to be. Any ideas on why this is happening? The only way I can get rid of these duplicate files is to use the Home 2.1 software in Windows to delete them.

I know this is an old question, but since no one's answered and I found the solution (I'm on Mac Leopard and was having the same issue with my GO 930), thought I'd put it here in case it helps someone else.

It was the color labels of the files. I'd used the Mac OS to color-label some of the POI files I was transferring to my TomTom, so I'd know which ones they were.

Once I cleared the color labels on all POIs (be sure to get the ones in all of your map folders -- Western and Central Europe in addition to North America) and restarted the device, the duplicate POI categories with the periods disappeared.

Ask a Question