Dumb CA mount question

i'm in los angeles and i heard we can't mount on the windshield. i mounted mine on the top of the windshield so it's right above my head sort of. i put it where the top tinted part of the windshield so from head on you can't even tell it's mounted there :D but just gotta find a way to make the wires not so noticeable that's the hard part lol it's fine if i''m just using the battery and not plugged into the car charger.

You may have enough of a gap between the A pillar and windshield to tuck to cords in there. I've been able to do with microphones for bluetooth kits that I've installed on several cars.

As has been posted earlier, just read section 26708(b)(3) of the CVC,
(3) Signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a 7-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield farthest removed from the driver, signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a 7-inch square in the lower corner of the rear window farthest removed from the driver, or signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a 5-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest the driver. So if you just put it on the lower corner of your windscreen, you will be fine. TomTom just posts the warnings for legal reasons, they are over-interpretting the law. :)

Ask a Question