Dual POI database?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE
Hey guys... yes, I'm new here! Must say though, this is one of the most informative and friendly forums I visit. I just got my ONE yesterday and live just outside of Toronto Canada. I've been on this site all day downloading all the POIs that you all have posted.
My question is this: when I look up restaurants near me it shows a subway 1.7KM away, but if I look it up under the new Subway POI db I downloaded, it shows the closest one to be in the States, about 120KM away. Is there a way to get these two databases sync'd so I can look up the nearest Subway in Canada? Also, would this then allow the POI icons to work in Canada instead of the generic "food" icon?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!!
Russ

Hey guys... yes, I'm new here! Must say though, this is one of the most informative and friendly forums I visit. I just got my ONE yesterday and live just outside of Toronto Canada. I've been on this site all day downloading all the POIs that you all have posted.
My question is this: when I look up restaurants near me it shows a subway 1.7KM away, but if I look it up under the new Subway POI db I downloaded, it shows the closest one to be in the States, about 120KM away. Is there a way to get these two databases sync'd so I can look up the nearest Subway in Canada? Also, would this then allow the POI icons to work in Canada instead of the generic "food" icon?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!!
Russ
Just add that 1.7km away Subway to your "Subway" POI data. I have KFC loaded on mine and it'll just "override" the KFC listed under "restaurants" since they'll be in the same location.

Thanks Next... .but do you happen to know a way to do it for all the common POI's? For example, all the Burger Kings, McDonald's etc?
It's not a big deal, but it does make it easier to use if you can look up POIs by type.
I'm wondering if there is a way to manage your POIs in TomTom Home..

I'm going to play around with it a bit today... I'll let you know what I find.

Pois for your area

Thanks Next... .but do you happen to know a way to do it for all the common POI's? For example, all the Burger Kings, McDonald's etc?
It's not a big deal, but it does make it easier to use if you can look up POIs by type.
I'm wondering if there is a way to manage your POIs in TomTom Home..

I'm going to play around with it a bit today... I'll let you know what I find.

Did you get the Pois from this site? What i can do is update it with your area as we do usually just send me your zip code and what pois you want updated!
George

George, that'd be great! However, I've downloaded almost every POI group from this site! LOL!
I live in Canada, will this still work in my area? (postal code is L7L 7M9)
I have to admit, I'm addicted to POIs, so I'll take whatever you can update!

Is there a way of me doing this on my own??

Thanks again!

Ask a Question