droopy mount and power cable

TomTom Model(s)
930T and XXL
Have anyone had a problem with the mount for the 910? Mine stinks. I continually have to pull it up from dropping down. I moved it to the very botton of the windshield but in my car it is too far away to reach in that positon. Contacted customer support and they were going to ship me one but I have heard notining. Another forum indicates the problem with the mountt was so great that the supply has been exacerbated.
Problem two. often I think I am charging the unit using the car charger. AFter driving a whille have found that the battery is nearly depleted and the cable was not delivering current. A local audio visual store said the cable was bad. NO comment from Tom Tom support yet about this one.

Actually yes. If I do not receive something shortly I may give this a try.

Last edited:
Mine sits in the corner of the dash

DSCN0192.jpg

car charging not working for GO 510

I have a go 510. Charging works on the home dock
but not on the car mount. Voltage output on charger
plug seems OK (5V) so points to bad connections thru mount.
Could be go not sitting properly on mount but remounting
several times did not help.
I called Tomtom, they said they have had some similar
complaints and usually it was the mount. She said they have
redsesigned the mount and are sending me a new one.
Will wait to see and report back.

I am still waiting for mine. I was given pretty much the same information and told it would take five to fifteen days to receive a new one. Pretty much on the upper end of that now.

Still have not received my replacement mount although the window from TomTom for delivery has come and goneI think. Has anyone had any difficulty getting the mount to stay in place? Because of the design of my car the windshield is not a great place for it. I have tried to use the console which is smooth hard plastic but the unit will not remain attached. Anyone with any ideas? I checked on the alternate mounting kit but no one has it.

What about getting a dashboard disk. I have one in my car and posted pictures of it in the showoff section of the forum.

I may resort to that. Where are these available? There are several shops locally that specialize in installing such items and I think I am going to let them give the cables and the location a shot. I do not have the time or the expertise. There may even be a ProFit that will work. These guys have done some things for me in the past and are great about hiding cables and solving problems.

I was contacted by tomtom by telephone.
They said they are waiting for more stock
from manufaturer of mount and it could take
several weeks. In other words, they have no idea
when.

Really does not suprise me. When I spoke to them the first time I was told 5 to 15 days for delivery. When I spoke to them last I was told they were checking on my shipment but could not offer a tracking number. After the conversation was over I decided I would probably be waiting longer.

drledger, the dashboard disk is available at e-bay. They aren't expensive and easy to install. All you do is peel the sticky side and place it where you want it on the dash. Then the mount is suction to the round disk instead of the windshield. The benefit is the weight that the unit gave to the mount when it's on the windshield is less.

Thanks I will check into that. I just received an email from TOMTOM support now saying that the mount which I was first told would be delivered in five to fifteen days will now take 4 to 6 weeks. I considered returning the entire thing in exchange for a different manufacturer but while waiting on the mount I have gone beyond the time limit for return. Now it is only repairs that the store will provide.

Last edited:
TomTom NA will provide new mounts until 4 to 6 weeks?
I wonder if they are redesigning it or they just ran out. One would think to keep an item like this in production and stock.

The email stated that the mount was out of stock and that they were expecting a shipment from their supplier but it would take the four to six weeks. I hope that is as long as it does.

got my new mount

I got my new mount which fixes
my problem. I can now charge thru
car charger. It is more difficult to remove
the GO from the mount now though.
Anyway it took approx 2 weeks total to get it.

I know that TomTom just announced a mount replacement program for all 510 and 910s where they will send you a new mount back in a guaranteed 4 weeks-- you just have to answer some questions to see if you qualify.

I filled out the response the same day it was posted and received a confirmation of shipment. I trust it will be here in time.

Green light indicates charging when docked or mounted and the charger is plugged in. I wished it would charge on the home dock, like my ipod, and plugged in the usb.

Have anyone had a problem with the mount for the 910? Mine stinks. I continually have to pull it up from dropping down. I moved it to the very botton of the windshield but in my car it is too far away to reach in that positon. Contacted customer support and they were going to ship me one but I have heard notining. Another forum indicates the problem with the mountt was so great that the supply has been exacerbated.
Problem two. often I think I am charging the unit using the car charger. AFter driving a whille have found that the battery is nearly depleted and the cable was not delivering current. A local audio visual store said the cable was bad. NO comment from Tom Tom support yet about this one.

Ask a Question