Drive past military building - wont allow me to drive on public road

correction

I will download the latest map share corrections and Keep you all informed many thanks if this has worked

Also before you think I am going completely barking I do have evidence to support my claims... :)

With luck, Andy's Mapshare change will be propagated through the system, but since he's likely the only person to have ever made it, you'll need to set your system to accept changes from any and all ... there is a threshold setting you can adjust.

If it doesn't come through the system automatically in a while, you can always make the same change that Andy did on your own unit to correct this.

If it doesn't come through the system automatically in a while, you can always make the same change that Andy did on your own unit to correct this.
That would be the best and quickest solution. :)

update from the crazy one

Arno,

Thanks for the vote of confidence in me.

In the uk many years ago channel four aired a program called "the Mark Thomas Comedy Product", it was a mix of comedy and current affairs.

During the show he (Mark Thomas) showed how a number of military installations are deliberately omitted from maps which is fair enough, but he then want on to explain how sat navs are designed with mapping to avoid routes which pass military installations.

There are other sources which I could also site but just so when you reply to me again you can understand I am not making this up as it is stated as a matter of fact if it was untrue then channel 4 would have been prosecuted as part of the program.

I hope you will appreciate I am not demeaning you in any way as your posts have done to me. I have given evidence which can be verified by a simple google search for the program.

I could site more sources but I would feel that it is not needed as I feel I should not and do not need to defend my views.

Again thanks for all the help in resolving my problem.

Sometimes .. the most simple answer is the correct one. Many years ago is a long time, this practice may have been isolated to certain manufacturers, and we don't know that TomTom has ever been involved with that kind of deliberate mapping tweak.

There are other sources which I could also site [ ... ]

I have given evidence which can be verified by a simple google search for the program.

I could site more sources but I would feel that it is not needed as I feel I should not and do not need to defend my views.
No one will ever have to defend her/his feelings but you are alluding to facts but then fail to cite any verifiable incidents.

Maybe if someone could find some OTHER examples of military sites that a TomTom! will not route past, then we might be less sceptical!

And if it was a deliberate policy to restrict access, surely they wouldn't allow it to be so easy to undo?

Ask a Question