Dreaded Reboots

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Have a GO 720 and recently connected it to TomTom Home and did an update. No new maps loaded just some fixes and a new version of Home. After that the TomTom continues to reboot. Used to have this problem when loading a new map version but never with just a simple update. Tried the reset and installing a new favorite via Home but no luck. Works OK via the emulator on Home. Any ideas? Perhaps the best is to just buy a mount for my iPhone and use Google map as it is always up to date for free.

Try this:

First, make an Explorer, not Home, backup of the device's contents. See here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/thread...-to-the-computer-and-how-to-restore-it.17864/

Then use Explorer to delete the mapsettings.cfg file from the specific map folder. Then disconnect from the computer properly using the USB hardware disconnect icon. Then restart the device.

You'll lose your custom settings but it might stop the rebooting problem.

:rolleyes: I tried the easy fixes but nothing worked. I had an old BU (done with Windows Explorer) on my computer so I copied the TomTom files over to a new location (clmdata wouldn't copy and Explorer said it was corrupted). Reformated my TomTom and copied my old BU to it and it worked. Then I did an update via Home (same as last time) and it still works. Think that clmdata corruption was the problem? Anyway I'm up and running. Thanks for the help.

Ask a Question