Downloading TT android App and Map to a mobile

TomTom Model(s)
Via 130
I am interested in buying the new TT navigation app for android with the Western Europe map available through Google play. Can I download the map to my Samsung Galaxy S via USB cable or do I have to use WiFi as I have read in one of the American websites?
I have a desktop PC and USB cable connection to my above mobile and like to download from home and I do not know much about WiFi.

It needs to be over wifi (or 3G if you can afford the data costs). The phone needs to use its own internet connection to download the map file. You may want to ask a friend with wifi in their house to help you set your phone up and just download at their house.

On my HTC smartphone One V TomTom for android does not work. What am I doing wrong?
:mad:

On my HTC smartphone One V TomTom for android does not work. What am I doing wrong?
:mad:

Can provide specifics on what is failing, where you are seeing errors, etc? With specifics we can probably help figure out what's wrong.

Thanks for the reply. After installing the application (eg Europe.apk) phone notify - "application stopped working".

Strange.

I'd recommend:
- deleting the Tomtom folder on your Android drive
- in application manager doing a delete cache/data
- then uninstll the app and re-download from Google Play (you won't have to pay again)

Hello, thanks for your advice, I'm starting to work on it.
But I have doubts about the suitability of the HTC One V for the TomTom navigation. I've tried it several times, always with negative results.
:thumb:

Hello, thanks for your advice, I'm starting to work on it.
But I have doubts about the suitability of the HTC One V for the TomTom navigation. I've tried it several times, always with negative results.
:thumb:
I am not at all familiar with the differences in phone models and the resulting capabilities, but as a data point I will mention that the TomTom Android app works on my HTC Droid Incredible 2, which has Android 2.3.4 as the Operating System.

That may or may not provide a useful reference for your phone.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Give it a try on the new app 1.1 released today.

Tomtom made a lot of improvements to the map download manager, perhaps your problems will go away.

Traffic cams not active?

I've activated the Live service within Android, and updated the app version to current, but I can't find anything about traffic cams. I drove by a known, long-time cam yesterday and got no indication on my Android (Samsung Galazy S2).
Any tips? Thanks.

I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 and was wondering if it will work with the Tomtom Home software? I am having problems getting stop light camera warnings.

No, it will not work with HOME software. And the Tomtom cameras are not supported by the Android app in the USA.

What camera file are you trying to install?

I do not have a file to install. I was just like for a way to get one. Thanks for the info.

The leading vendor in the USA is Trapster. You can download a Tomtom .ov2 file from their website, and add it to the map folder on the Android app so you can visually see camera alerts while driving.

You can then run the Trapster app in the background and it will give audible alerts when cameras are coming up.

I bought and install android app TomTom Australia v1.1.1 on my Samsung galaxy tab 7.0plus, running Android 3.2 The app installed ok but can't download the map. It kept saying "could not download content. Restart the app and try again later". There is far more than enough space in internal memory as wel as SD card for the map (~ 300MB). Could any one hve any clues?

This looks similar to symptoms of the Motorola Xoom. Tomtom seems to get confused by the presence of a memory card. Try their published Xoom workaround steps below:

1. Power off Xoom
2. Remove external SD card
3. Power on Xoom
4. Run TomTom and download map

However, this forces you to work without external sdcard. If you want to use the SD card we need:

1. Power off Xoom
2. Remove external SD card
3. Power on Xoom
4. Run TomTom and download map
5. Exit tomtom
6. Install external sdcard and wait for it to settle
7. Run File Manager HD (free application)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rhmsoft.fm.hd
8. Using File Manager HD Move TomTom from /mnt/sdcard/tomtom to /mnt/external1
9. Run TomTom

Ask a Question