Downloading Schemes & Voices to an SD card, and seeing the card in Windows??

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920
I have a GO 920. When connected to my PC, It comes up as drive J:

I cannot however see or access my SD card while it is in the TT. Is this normal?

Recently, I've been downloading color schemes, and voices. When I install them, they default into the TT's memory. I'd prefer to keep them on the SD card if that's possible. Is there some way to direct them to the SD card during an install or do I need to place the SD card in my PC's reader and install them that way?

I don't have the TT with me at the moment, so I can't check....If I have to use the PC's card reader to install to the SD card, is there a directory heirarchy that I must follow to store them? If they reside on the SD card, is there something different I must do to get the TT to look on the card for the schemes and voices when i want to change one (does the TT automatically 'know' to look in both memory locations)?

In TT Home, there is a pull down menu. It may be Preferences or something else where you can change were items are downloaded. Also, sometimes when HOME starts up, it asks Internal or External.

But you can also move the items to the SD card. Just create a folder structure that is the same (including UPPER lower case) and then copy from the TT to the card's memory in those same folders.

In TT Home, there is a pull down menu. It may be Preferences or something else where you can change were items are downloaded. Also, sometimes when HOME starts up, it asks Internal or External.

But you can also move the items to the SD card. Just create a folder structure that is the same (including UPPER lower case) and then copy from the TT to the card's memory in those same folders.

After performing the above... while in my car, if I want to change a scheme for instance, will the TT atomatically search both the internal memory and the SD card looking for the file, or will I have to direct it in some way to look in one place or the other?

The TT itself (not connected to a computer) sees both forms of memory as an integrated whole. As long as the FOLDER NAME matches, the data is available.

I've placed my Itineraries on the SD card and they show. I've added a number of POI files to the proper map folder ON THE SD CARD and they show. I created the MAP FOLDER - again, CASE MATTERS (at least, that is what everyone maintains)

Ask a Question