Downloading Other Map Software

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL-S
:) I just purchased a ONE XL-S unit and love it. I will be going to Poland in one week and would like to use my unit there. TomTom download for Poland is part of Eastern Europe(EE) and the prevous version had Poland at 52% completed. The new version 7.15 does not state how complete it is but the EE download is only 17% bigger so I don't think it has improved much. I was
told that 70% of GPS users in Poland use AUTO MAPA 5 that they say is nearly 100% accurate. Thay also say I could download if TomTom was using any of the following software;

PocketPC Platform:
PocketPC 2003, PocketPC 2003 SE, Windows Mobile 5.0 PocketPC,
Windows Mobile 6.0 PocketPC, and Windows CE 5.0/4.2.

As a newbee I need help. Has anyone downloaded AUTO MAPA on TomTom?

Is so is this a difficult process?

HELP I am running out of time. I'm glad there is a TomTom forum !!!!:)

Sorry but as far as I know, it is impossible to get other maps to work on Tomtom's gps but those that are specifically made for them. It pretty much is the same for the other manufacturers.

One needs to understand that the maps we use are not simply aerial views of a region. It also has routes, road names, speed limits, one ways, road categories, POI handling, prononciations of road names and directions etc. The end result is that they all are proprietary. About the only thing you can add are overlays and custon POIs.

Ask a Question