Downloading/installing Traffic

Im trying to add traffice to my new 920.

Using TT Home Im doing the following:
1. I select the Add maps, traffic, etc icon.
2. I select the traffic icon
3. Home searches then says "no items available"

When I select traffice on my 920 it says service is outdated. So how can I get traffic if I cant download it from TT Home???

:confused:

When I select traffice on my 920 it says service is outdated. So how can I get traffic if I cant download it from TT Home???

I think I remember seeing somehwere that this service was not available in the US yet.

Thanks, will call them in the morning. Hopefully this will fix it. This forum is great. I have had my 920 for about a week now and dont know what I would have done without the help I have found here. Now if the new firmware fix will get my VR back I will be happy with my this unit....

Thanks again

As far as I know, traffic is on the unit not a function of home. you can get it two ways:
1) for a plain 920 (not 920T), you will neeed a BT phone and a data conection. The phone will have to be paired with the unit and the data conection established.
2) If it is a 920T (or you purchased the traffic receiver), then plug in the antenna and go. once it searches for and locks onto a station you will receive traffic. this is no the fastest way but could be less expensive depending on your cell company. If the unit fails to lock on, it could be you do not have a FM station in the area you are in.

Update - This is getting stranger by the minute. I spoke to TT cust support and they gave me told me that since my phone (ATT 8525) is not supported traffic will not work on my 920. I asked how the heck does my 920 know what type of phone I have when its attached to my computer via USB???? Anyway, when I get home this evening I do the following..

1. Attach 920 to computer via usb
2. Control 920 vial TT Home and enable traffic
3. Vola, its now working..

Note.. For anyone trying to get thier ATT 8525 data connection to work. You must disable handsfree calling to allow the connection.

Now if I can just get VR to start working again... I will be happy with this purchase....:)

Are you logged in to TTH when you try to purchase the traffic service?

I tried both ways. Being logged in and not.. Last night all was fine.. well of course this morning.. I tried us check the weather using TT services and the data connection was lost again and Im back to square one... :mad: :mad:

I had to call Tom Tom CS. While on the phone, I purchased the European traffic and they switched it to the US traffic. Apparently that's the only way they can add it to your account, by switching an already purchased product.

They never asked me for my phone information.

Im not going to try anything until a "working" version of firmware is avail for download. Im in the IT field and I cannot belive that TT allowed this piece of S$$$ firmware to be released.. what type of testing do they do??????

:confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

Im not going to try anything until a "working" version of firmware is avail for download. Im in the IT field and I cannot belive that TT allowed this piece of S$$$ firmware to be released.. what type of testing do they do??????

:confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

Testing? TESTING? We don't need to do no steenkin' testing!!:eek:

Ask a Question