Download 810 and 815 Large POI Databases Here!

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I know a few members here have uploaded/posted links here for the large POI databases, but I thought I would just upload both 810 and 815 large POI databases again and post the links here directly so that way, people don't have to go through a bunch of pages of a thread to look for the links.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OVCIML07
^^^815 Large POI Database from 920/930 units^^^

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y6EYUBQI
^^^810 Large POI Database from 920/930 units^^^

In each zip file I have included both "crpoi.dat" and "poi.dat" files.

Keep in mind that if you have map 810, you cannot use the 815 database since they are in different formats. Also, if you have map 815, you cannot use the 810 database. The 810 database will work with maps 810 and under.

The 815 database is only smaller in size (megabyte wise) because TomTom used a new compression method. You are NOT getting a smaller list of POIs.

I must also mention that if you have a TomTom ONE model, you do not have to use the "crpoi.dat" file. Copy and replace only the "poi.dat" file. The "crpoi.dat" is used by GO models to store POI address information. ONE models will not even see or use this file even if you copy it to your unit.

When you click on the link, you will need to type in the 3 digit code you see on the top of the page into the small box to the right of the code and then click "Download." Here's a sample screenshot of the code bar. Do not use the code you see in the picture below, as this code will change every single time you click on the link.

megauploadbar.jpg

Hope this helps.

I just noticed this post. Thanks.

What I am curious about is if I install the larger POI list into my One XL smaller map will the POI still update through Map Share even though they are not the original POI that came with the map?

Are these for the v8.15 North America Maps? I see that the post says for 8.15 Maps but doesnt say if its for North America.

Thanks for the post Im downloading anyways.

MrChris

These are POIs from the North America maps: v810 and v815. They are superior than the built in POIs from the non x20 or x30 units.

Turns out these are the same ones I downloaded from TThome when I used my LMG to get North America v8.15 Map. Thanks anyways thought.

MrChris

I replaced the poi.dat file with the larger 815 poi file.

When I go to POI on my unit I only have the categories that I have downloaded myself from TT Home. All the original categories that came with the map are missing, ie Zoo, Dentist ect.

Anyone have any idea why?
Thanks

You may need the 8.3 firmware. I know the 815 poi and crpoi dat files are compressed with a new algorithm.

I replaced the poi.dat file with the larger 815 poi file.

When I go to POI on my unit I only have the categories that I have downloaded myself from TT Home. All the original categories that came with the map are missing, ie Zoo, Dentist ect.

Anyone have any idea why?
Thanks

As DHN mentioned, the 8.15 version would be incompatible with your map version and you would be better off with version 8.10 of the large POI. It is not very old and you would not notice the difference in most cases.

I just tried the 810. Does not work correctly.

No real problem, I'll just stick with the original POI's.

Thanks for all the help AGAIN guys :) .

It should work. I've done it myself in the past. If u need help, let us know how it was placed and what problems/errors you are experiencing.

I downloaded the larger POI file (for both 810 and 815) and unzipped it. I has two files. I copied file poi.dat and then paste it into my USA_CANADA folder.

It asks if I want to replace the existing poi file. I select yes and it transfers into the folder.

After rebooting my TT I try it through Home and when I click on POI I do not have all the categories with the 815 file and no categories at all with the 810.

Disconnect the unit, do a pin reset and see if the categories show up on the unit.

Ok so I copied both 815 files and had the same problem. I then copied the two 810 files and everything seems to be there.

I then got curious and removed the crpoi and it all seems ok now. I did all the copying with a card reader this time (faster). Not sure why it didn't work the first time but 810 is the way to go on my unit.

As always, THANKS AGAIN :) .

Ok so I copied both 815 files and had the same problem. I then copied the two 810 files and everything seems to be there.

I then got curious and removed the crpoi and it all seems ok now. I did all the copying with a card reader this time (faster). Not sure why it didn't work the first time but 810 is the way to go on my unit.

As always, THANKS AGAIN :) .

If you didn't use the SDHC card reader the first time, I'm pretty sure the file copy ended up in a corrupted file or bad FAT table as I experienced this quite often when dealing with medium and large files and POI.DAT is a large file! You now understand why I say the use of the USB cable slows down all file transfers. The use of a SDHC card reader with USB v2.2 standard can theoretically be up to 40 times faster.

The CRPOI.DAT file is a complementary file to POI.DAT that gives additional information on individual POIs.

I noticed you are using firmware version 8.10 with map 815. Do the ONE models not support the latest firmware yet? I always kept reading that you need NavCore 8.3 to use map 815. Guessing it's different for ONE models.

I have a GO 730 with the 815 maps but my crpoi.dat is only 71634 KB and the poi.dat is 96792 KB.
Why are the pois for the 920 so big? Is there an advantage to putting them on my 730?

Ask a Question