Don't have a place to store new voice or other map?

I use XL-S and I wanted to add new computer voice to my little device. I selected but TomTom HOME told me I don't have enough space (need 27MB of space) and I need to delete something . Though, I in Applications I have only one application, in maps only one map. I can delete few Franch/Spanish voices but all those together are less then 5MB. I can't delete anything and I can't add anything? What now?

I'm assuming I can (I have to) use SD card, but can I use it for voices and/or maps?

afan

An XL cannot share built in memory with the SD card, what you must do is copy everything from the built in memory to the computer then copy it all to the memory card. With the card inserted the device will boot from the SD card - Mike

An XL cannot share built in memory with the SD card, what you must do is copy everything from the built in memory to the computer then copy it all to the memory card. With the card inserted the device will boot from the SD card - Mike

let me repeat to be sure I understood correctly: if I stick in SD card, TomTom XL-S will automatically boot from SD card and use it as it's "main" memory?

If yes, what's downside of using SD card as main memory?
Is there any limit SD card can be?
What's memory size of TomTom's original memory? 1GB?

i guess you can't delete your computer voice first and then add a new one

Yes. I can. Though, if I don't like the new voice - I have to delete it an dput back "Susan" :) lot of work.
But, what if I want to have both? Or even third one? what if I want to add Europe map or something?

You always want to make sure the sd card doesn't pop out of the unit because everything is on it, of course.

Other than that, the unit functions reading from the card. Getting a 1 gig sd card is of NO value since that's the size of internal. So, hopefully that model can deal with a 2-gig sd (NOT sdhc) card (I think it can) . And the faster the read speed, the better.

You always want to make sure the sd card doesn't pop out of the unit because everything is on it, of course.

Other than that, the unit functions reading from the card. Getting a 1 gig sd card is of NO value since that's the size of internal. So, hopefully that model can deal with a 2-gig sd (NOT sdhc) card (I think it can) . And the faster the read speed, the better.

Thanks. I'll try.
;)

2GB card in an One XL will be fine, you might even find it calculates routes quicker if you get an SD card with a very fast read speed (Sandisk Extreme-III for example) as the built in memory isn't too quick - Mike

2GB card in an One XL will be fine, you might even find it calculates routes quicker if you get an SD card with a very fast read speed (Sandisk Extreme-III for example) as the built in memory isn't too quick - Mike

thanks mike for the tip.
;)

Ask a Question