Does your GO630 turn on by itself?

Guys, I need some help over here. I got a GO630 almost a month ago. Everything is fat dump and happy, until half hour before I post this thread, that the GPS turn on by itself. I checked the battery is around 60% left, and the machine is warm but not hot(I put it in my backpack). So I assume it has been on for a while, I notice it is on because I hear it said "turn left". I was 5am in the morning. I think I do not need to mention how freaky it is when you sleeping comfortably in bed and all of sudden notice the machine turn on by itself. So, I wondering if any one here ever experience similar incident? Is there a way to fix it?
Thanks

Welcome to the forum, this powering up of the device all by its self ins't unusual, the One Third Edition is very predicatable at doing this and I have had my 720 do it from time to time, best option is to give the reset switch a prod and then put it away, this turns the device fully off and prevents it from firing back up. Resetting the unit won't lose any settings etc - Mike

Welcome to the forum, this powering up of the device all by its self ins't unusual, the One Third Edition is very predicatable at doing this and I have had my 720 do it from time to time, best option is to give the reset switch a prod and then put it away, this turns the device fully off and prevents it from firing back up. Resetting the unit won't lose any settings etc - Mike

Phew, thanks Mike. As long as it is not something bad I will just leave that way it is till it annoy me enough. :)

Oh no! Not the GO 630 model too!!

I was doing some research on what model TomTom to get to see if the GO 630 offered lifetime map and stumbled on this thread. So this model ALSO turns itself on? Sheesh!

But according to Mike, there's a reset button I could use to turn it off completely? That's what I usually do with my 3rd edition... mainly to save the battery from running down. My 3rd edition still works fine, but the map is out of date. I think it's cheaper to get a new TomTom then to upgrade the map... which would also mean I'd have to update the firmware too.

Ask a Question