Does Tom Tom ONE XLS come with a cd???

My TT ONE XLS did not come with cd, are they supposed to come with cd's???(ONE XLS)

jkroner659,

I am sorry I can't answer your question, but I have a couple of questions for you. What map version did your XLS come with? Did it come with a home charger?

Thanks

Randy R.

comes with a car and usb/mini usb cord and came with the full us maps that, afaik, are the most recent sincei tried to update and it said it was the most recent.

My One XL did not come with CD either - instructions are to hook tomtom to computer and download HOME software, so I'm guessing that's in place of a physical CD.
The Home Charger is an accessory item, available from Amazon.com. I ordered that too, then wondered whether I will really need it, since the unit comes with automobile charger.

My TT1 XL-S came with car charger, USB cord, window mount, dash board disk for window mount and the above mentioned installation poster. The installed App version is 7.140 and the USA_and_Canada maps are v710.1575.

jkroner659,

I am sorry I can't answer your question, but I have a couple of questions for you. What map version did your XLS come with? Did it come with a home charger?

Thanks

Randy R.

comes with a car and usb/mini usb cord and came with the full us maps that, afaik, are the most recent sincei tried to update and it said it was the most recent.

Most recent maps, and like friguy said, a usb computer cable(which can also charge the unit from your computer), and a car charger.

Cd/dvd

I received everything described here with my new XL*S.
Contacted Tech support and informed that newer units do not ship with a CD/DVD.

I received everything described here with my new XL*S.
Contacted Tech support and informed that newer units do not ship with a CD/DVD.

My XL-S didn't come with a CD either, but the HOME install .EXE was on the internal memory of the unit in the root directory. I executed it from there, and it installed an older version of home. The first run of that HOME after it installed, automatically downloaded and installed the current version of home and brought it up to the current version. Then it proceeded to update the internal APP, and a GPSquickfix.

The instructions that come with the unit are pretty bland. They said a window would automatically pop up and install home. Nope, didn't happen, I had to seek it out and execute it manually.

Also, the online manual PDF file doesn'y fully match the features found on the unit. Some functions are not documented or documented incorrectly.

Does anyone have a fix suggestion for getting back the text to voice function of the XLS?

My XLS is ~1 week old & it worked great w/the text to voice messages until I connected it to TomTom & downloaded the update. Now the text to voice doesn't work.

I have a Mac running OS 10.4.

When I select the voice for
Female
Computer
Susan
English US
or any of the others, then click "Test," nothing happens. I can only guess that it was the update that caused the problem.

At 1 point this afternoon when I was trying to get it to work, I got a male voice to give me ~8 directions in a row.

Ask a Question