Does the XL 335-SE not have "avoid part of route" option?

Your model has the 'simplified' menu, correct?

If so, the specific 'avoid' option is not there with that model.

'Travel via', yes. So is 'calculate alternative' but no 'avoid'

It's the simplified menu.

"Travel Via" doesn't really do what I want it to do. There are some times when I do not want to be on a specific road. Id have to have destinations already mapped out if I wanted to use "Travel Via"

No. It does not have the option you are looking for. I just had that model and traded it in yesterday for the XXL 535 T. So much happier to get rid of that simplified menu. Fifty bucks that was well worth it.

Chris

It looks like the 335LE and the 335SE are both simplified menu models.

So it appears:
XL 335LE = Easymenu 4.3" with USA
XL 335SE = Easymenu 4.3" with USA/Can
XL 350 = Easymenu 4.3" with USA/Can/Mex

And this should not be confused with the:
XL335S, XL335T, XL335M, and XL335TM. These are all full-menu devices with USA/Can maps.

Yes, the XL 335 SE does have "Avoid part of route" ...

This is one of my favorite options in past TOMTOMs. Is it gone in the SE ?

Hi?I'm a new member here who just bought an XL 335SE from Wal-Mart on Black Friday for $80.

I was just reading through all the posts for this model and wanted to let you all know that mine does have the option. There are only six listed under "Change route", and this is the last one in the bottom right.

Maybe this was added in an update over the last several months ... ? Mine uses Version 9.150.

Anyway, just fyi!

Maybe this was added in an update over the last several months ... ?

Er, after reading around this site some more, I see there was a big update this summer that added features into the simplified menu, so this is not news to anyone!

Ask a Question