Does my one have trip logging?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL350TM Via 1535tm
I leave work get into my car and turn on my one. It starts up. I hit the agree button and a little notice come up and says "trip logging enabled" I think what the heck does that mean?. I let it do it's thing I get home hook my one up to my pc to find any files created today. There where two in the statdata directory. One file was named allowtrip.dat the other triplog-2007-11-28.dat

here they are http://home.comcast.net/~team_dougherty/tomtom/triplog-2007-11-28.dat and http://home.comcast.net/~team_dougherty/tomtom/allowtrip.dat

The allowtrip.dat has only the number 2 in it. The other has data I do not recognize. They where time stamped with GMT time.

What does this mean? How do I use this info? how can I turn this feature on when I want to?

Last edited:
After some testing I found that if I delete the dated dat file and change the allowtrip.dat file from 2 to a 1 and "reboot" the one it will create a new dated dat file. Now I just need to figure out how to extract the data from the dated date file.

The trip logging data is for TT's use, I don't think you can access it. When you connect to HOME, it gets sent to TT.

You agreed to this. When you first turned on the TT it asks you if you want to participate anonymously in collecting trip data to help improve TT maps and services (or something like that). So, one of the files (allowtrip) recorded your decision, the other file is the resultant log. My guess is that if you did a factory reset and/or deleted both files, you would be asked again.

I think you can use Tripmaster to create your own logs.

Ask a Question