Does map guarantee applicable for ONE 125SE

Just bought this gps. But not sure if Map guarantee is applicable for this model. Does any one know

Also how to i get the free map update. Please give me few pointers

Also i am trying to find the linux version of TOMTOM home and couldnt find. Does it exit?

Thanks in advance
L

The map guarantee applies to all models. Connect to Home and try the Latest Map Guarantee menu option in Home (Tools-->Use LMG)

there is no linux version of TT Home.

Do you have map 840? Tap the satellite bars to see the application installed. Tap the version number to see the map and its version installed. If not 840 then call support at 866-486-6866.

I used the map guarantee but it didn't want to load. I persisted and eventually got it to load using HOME but without being logged in. I shouldn't have because now my GPS doesn't work - I'm told the maps aren't compatible with my model. So I'm going to have to call support about this anyway. Things shouldn't be this complicated with a new unit should it? I did the wrong thing and didn't back up my files before downloading so now I'm stuck with a brand new unit that doesn't work.

1. Ensure the new map got downloaded by using Explorer to look in this folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps

2. If there, use Explorer, not Home, to make a complete backup of your unit's contents.

3. Delete all the loose files in the root of your unit (NO folders or their contents).

4. Connect to Home and an updated application should be offered. Accept it, dl and install.

5. Use the information in this link
to install the new map without Home.

6. If you have gotten this far, make another Explorer backup

I used the map guarantee but it didn't want to load. I persisted and eventually got it to load using HOME but without being logged in. I shouldn't have because now my GPS doesn't work - I'm told the maps aren't compatible with my model. So I'm going to have to call support about this anyway. Things shouldn't be this complicated with a new unit should it? I did the wrong thing and didn't back up my files before downloading so now I'm stuck with a brand new unit that doesn't work.

I had the same problem with my 125se."Map is not compatible". I tried a suggestion by dhn in another thread, but to no avail. I ended up calling support and had to e-mail a proof of purchase to them. They then issued me another map and walked me thru the process of installing it.

It was alot like what dhn has suggested above. The tt csr said the correct map downloaded, but did not install all the way. My computer might have hibernated during the install which would have caused a issue? But now I'm reading that this has happened to you, and if you had no interruption of the install, it makes me wonder if the original map I installed was indeed not compatible with the 125se.

One csr said they are having alot of issues with the new 125se map update..all with the "Map Not Compatible" with this unit. But another CSR stated they were not, so who knows?. If you wish to try again with "dhn's" suggestion, I tend to think that will work from what I experienced with tt support. If not, just call tt support and they should take care of you.

Ask a Question