Does it always say "Branch" instead of "Bridge"?

I don't recall how the other bridges were pronounced but the 730 always says Branch approaching the Verrazano Narrows Bridge. I guess it's picking up on the abbreviation. e.g. Verrazano BR. Every voice, I've tried also completely botches the syllable stress possibly even omitting the 'V' so it sounds like "eRAZano Branch." (stress on RAZ)

I'm curious if you guys have ever heard it say bridge?

Pretty sure I remember from other posts that it says "Branch" every time.
Thanks. I saw that it in a another thread. I should have searched. It's mildly amusing but they should fix it. A bridge can be a significant item along a route, of course. If I was in an unfamiliar area, it would be more annoying.

Mine always says "Bridge"... I have only really been across one bridge with it tho and I cross it daily... says "St. Johns Bridge" quite clearly.

Yes, there are bridges where it will say "Bridge". From what I've read, it depends on how the abbreviation is assigned in the TA map. "BR." is different from "br" or "BR" with no period I think.

Ask a Question