Do you use screen protectors on your GPS units?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 125
I'm curious how many people use screen protectors on their GPS units.

I put screen protectors on my smart phones (Palm PDA / Blackberry / iPhone), my camera LCD displays, and now my GPS units (Garmin / TomTom).

I consider it a pretty small price to pay to protect the touch screen, from finger prints / oils / dirt / scratches. I've not come across many others in real life who do this though.

Add me to the list of those who uses a screen protector. I use one on my digital camera as well. I hate seeing screens that are scratched from use and just plain wear.

I do not. I have an aviation portable gps and two TT's for the car. Then add in the phones, ipods etc. The cost of each of those, because they are different, adds up to quite a nice price. I decided to be careful and save the money on purchasing the protectors. That being said, I did scratch a screen. :mad:

The TomTom doesn't get any abuse, and has a half decent non-glare screen. No screen protector there.

The Garmin eTrex does some serious events out in the bright sun, and there, the screen protector isn't for protecting the screen, it's to reduce the glare in the sun. I believe it's glass - no touch screen to damage - but straight glass can be a bugger. Ditto with my digital camera with the straight glass LCD. Too much sun glare without the "protector".

I use screen protector for my One XL i got it from ebay, pack of 4 screen protectors for around $5.

I use screen protector.. coins and keys in my pocket have etched their way on the screen protector leaving scratches visible when the tomtom is turned off, but not visible when the screen is 'on'.

I agree that the screen looks clear and sharper without any screen protector.

I use one too. The first time I tried it I couldn't get the wrinkles out and had to start over. It's not perfect now, but I hate to get the screen greasy or scratched up. Of course it would look better without one, just like looking out the window through glass will never be quite as clear as being outside. But to me the trade off is well worth it. I've had electronics where the screen has gotten scratched or cracked and the replacement costs more than a new device. But it is a personal choice.

Screen Protectors. Just say yes!

Im a definite fan of screen protectors.. kinda fond of a particular vendor (Exim)... can be found on Ebay selling direct..little more expensive but they dont use a glue to attach to the glass

Saved my GSM phone from any abuse... also have a satradio with a glossy face and bought one for that... WHY these companies put glossy facades on the front of the unit is beyond me ...

First thing when the 930t came out of the box was a screen film for it.. No regrets.. cheap insurance IMHO

-Jolt

Tough question, the one I bought was also said to be "Anti Glare", yes it may be to a certain extent but I can tell you that on a motorcycle that isn't much help, in the car with the Sunshade I also installed, then yes it seems to help things a bit more........not much help I know but it stops scratches........:D

Ask a Question