Displaying address and where am I?

two questions. When I first started out there was a little green button and a bar down the right side of the screen on the 920 It is no longer there. I am wondering if anyone knows what I did to lose that? when I touched it, it would bring the map to where I was located

Second, is it possible to display the destination address when you arrive? Its all fine and dandy to know I arrived but having to go look up the exact number of the address is a pain.

Oh yes a third question is it possible to input speeds on roads?

two questions. When I first started out there was a little green button and a bar down the right side of the screen on the 920 It is no longer there. I am wondering if anyone knows what I did to lose that? when I touched it, it would bring the map to where I was located

Second, is it possible to display the destination address when you arrive? Its all fine and dandy to know I arrived but having to go look up the exact number of the address is a pain.

Oh yes a third question is it possible to input speeds on roads?

For your first question ... sounds as if you are referring to traffic information that I guess you once had showing and don't now. Ring a bell, maybe?

For the 2nd question, this is a frustrating feature if you don't have a written-down copy of the address with you.

Here's my workaround: Go back to 'Navigate to' and re-enter the address information. The TomTom 'remembers' and displays the last entry, so it will show up automatically on the entry screen. Keep going throught 'city', 'street' and you will see the street number displayed.

To (re)display your destination address, just press on the status bar where the times (arrival, current, etc) are displayed (as opposed to the directional arrow) to get the Route Summary screen. Your destination will be shown at the top of the display, above the map. This work both during navigation and after arrival (until you clear the route).

The first problem sounds like you do not have any "quick menu items" selected.

On the second, this will come up when you go to the "browse map" and click the arrow in the upper right hand corner. The recenters the map with the "you are here" arrow locator.

I actually like to use this map function when driving around since it shows and hold more detail. I press the arrow when I get close to going off the screen.

Ask a Question