Display Street Names and not Route Numbers?

Sorry if this has been asked before (I tried a search).

My TomTom displays major roads by their route number (ie: 61877 instead of Park Rd). I know it knows Park Rd is the same as 61877 because in the text display of my route info. it says its "park rd". It just displays route 61877 on the map display of the route.

I assume there is an easy way to change this to display street names and not route numbers?

Thanks!

(I have ToTom One 3rd edition)

If there's a easy way to fix this, I sure don't know it. I miss this too. In South Florida TomTom calls Lantana Rd Hwy-812. Nobody here knows it by that reference.

However, as a work-around, I added the current street name and next street name to be displayed in my 'Status Bar'. When Hwy-812 is shown at the top of the screen as being the next turn, at the bottom of the display (in th status bar) I see Hwy-812, Lantana Rd.

Tap
  • Change preferences...
  • Status bar preferences...
  • (click done to go to next page)
  • put check mark in 'Show next street name'
  • put check mark in 'Show current street name'
Tap 'done'

Hope this helps.

indeed! I have the same complaint. Rick's solution is somewhat nice but that entirely requires on having a destination or an upcoming turn on that very street/road/highway/whatever. I would love to be cruising on the highway and see what "street name" is flying by under me. Highway numbers, like Rick pointed out, are meaningless.

indeed! I have the same complaint. Rick's solution is somewhat nice but that entirely requires on having a destination or an upcoming turn on that very street/road/highway/whatever. I would love to be cruising on the highway and see what "street name" is flying by under me. Highway numbers, like Rick pointed out, are meaningless.

Do unchecking under Preferences-->voice Preferences-->Read aloud road numbers and highway numbers have any effect?

On mine, I am 90% sure it tells me "highway number three, saint margarets bay" when I am Travelling on St Margarets Bay Road (near my home.) I'd have to re-check that, but I'm pretty sure it does...

Ask a Question