Display problems with TT Route Planner

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Start 45M
I am new to TomTom and need some help please.
When I use TomTom Home2 and use Route Planner everything starts out great. When i try to zoom in on a location the map splits in two horizontally.
tomtom.PNG
I can't see my location to flag it.
Any suggestions as to how I can correct this problem?
Thanks
Bompa

Haven't ever seen that. What browser and browser version are you running?

Thanks dhn:

Let me know if you find a fix please and I'll keep looking too.

Click here. I am using Firefox 25. I have MSIE but don't load it unless denied entry to a web page.
That link should get you

Screen029.png

BTW, you can find me nearly every morning 0700-0730 at Tim Horton's on Delta Blvd.

I did open MSIE and get the same when opening Routenplanner.

I suggest you enther this
http://www.routes.tomtom.com/#/map/?center=43.666702,-79.4167&zoom=9&map=basic
into the IE command box and see what happens.
You can then either save this as a new Favourite (Bookmark) and delete the old one or right click on the one you used click Preferences and replace what is in the Location bar with the above.

I did open MSIE and get the same when opening Routenplanner.

I suggest you enther this
http://www.routes.tomtom.com/#/map/?center=43.666702,-79.4167&zoom=9&map=basic
into the IE command box and see what happens.
You can then either save this as a new Favourite (Bookmark) and delete the old one or right click on the one you used click Preferences and replace what is in the Location bar with the above.

Link works good to zoom in but when you try to zoom out the map splits again. I don't really want to install Firefox but I until we find a fix, what choice do I have?
Thanks for your time

With MSIE the split up happens when getting to the second highest resolution and remains until it gets small enough to display all of Ontario.
Once there it can be ramped up again.

I personally do not use TomTom's Route Planner. I find Google maps superior for planning in all aspects, that is of particular interest when way points are to be added or when wanting to compare alternative routes.

Thanks for all your help Arno. I will attempt to learn how to use Google maps.
:)

You are welcome, Bompa.

If you have any non list concerning questions, e.g.Google maps, you are welcome to eMail me off list.
(e-mail address removed)

Thought you might like to know.

Just installed IE 11 for Win 7 and Route Planner problems disappeared!

:)

Ask a Question