Disneyland POIs

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920T
*sigh* this shows you just how much of a geek I am :p but I'm headed to Disneyland in Anaheim, CA this week and I would love to have a map of
  • where each attraction is
  • shortcuts to get from land to land without going to the center spoke each time
Yeah yeah, I realize that's why they have maps at the theme park entrance, but like I said, I'm a geek, and I try to spare the dead trees whenever I can. To further prove I'm a geek, I already tried to take one of those maps and add it as an overlay available through the TT Home community contributions page but (1) the map is copyrighted, (2) the darn thing isn't to scale and (3) at present, the only road within the park that shows up on the TeleAtlas map is Main Street so it's not going to make a lick of difference anyway.

I don't know if the wife will go along with me standing in line adding each ride to my TomTom (especially with a restless toddler on our hands), and I doubt the battery will last long, but if for some reason I do and I can convince my 920 not to snap to the nearest road (again, Main Street) what POI category do I use?

Do u just want to see where they are located? I only ask because I don't think the map for Disneyland has any roads that the TT can actually navigate to.

The thought was that I can switch my 920T to "walking instructions" and it would help me. ...but you're right, the walking roads aren't shown.

Hardly a necessity; WDW requires a GPS because it's so huge. Disneyland is much smaller. Still, there are advantages:
  • I don't need to remember whether a ride is in "Frontierland" or "Adventureland" because I can search for the ride by name
  • I can find a restroom quickly when my recently potty-trained daughter announces she has to go potty (which sometimes has a 30-second fuse or less)
  • Fewer instances of walking right past a ride without seeing it (which I'm notorious for doing -- I walked past the Jungle Ride and Pooh 5 times without seeing them)
  • On a future trip (after the other little one is born), if my wife and I each take a kid and go opposite directions we can use TomTom Buddies to find each other -- helpful if we're in noisy areas where we can't hear our cell phones ringing (I ask you -- when has Disneyland *ever* been quiet enough for that?)

Without the roads, all I could hope for are GPS traces for a future map and off-road POIs.

Ask a Question