Discussion of the 875 map.

the address info is contained on the crpoi.dat file. can someone post the crpoi.dat file?

It's in the "sticky" topic right next to this one!

NA larger poi/crpoi dat files

v870 and v875 versions are both in posts by Arno on page 6. People seem to think v870 are better?

the download for v870 only has the poi.dat file and does not contain the crpoi.dat (which contains the address file). have not been able to download the v875 yet (due to time limit restriction). does the v875 containt the crpoi.dat file?

neither the download for v870 nor the download for v875 contain the crpoi.dat file. both contain only the poi.dat file. can someone updload the crpoi.dat file for v875 (and/or v870)? thanks

btw spider, are you using 740 live? how did you get the crpoi.dat file for v875?

FWIW, which probably isn't much...

My 740 Live was VERY sluggish in response to button pushes for the first few minutes after I fired it up with 875 loaded. It would take 15 seconds or more to execute just about anything I touched. That straightened itself out after a few minutes of use. Have never had that happen after a map upgrade before... or any other time, for that matter.

Same happened to my XL340TM after the V875 update. After the first execution, everything seems to be back to a very fast response time. The download only took 16 minutes but over a hour for the installation.

It seems like Tomtom removed crpoi.dat from their 2008 models (GO930/ GO740).

It appears that crpoi.dat was returned for all the 2009 and later models (IQroutes XL/XXL, and all the MyTomtom devices), in map 875.

Yes, upgraded my 720 with the 875 map yesterday and no crpoi.dat file was included. Copied that and a larger poi.dat file from a different map.

Same as usual

Installed the 875 yesterday. Took over an hour to download, but otherwise went smoothly. Manually restored the mapsettings file and didn't have any reboot looping this time. I've given up expecting anything from Tomtom, like any fixes for older devices, or new features, or good customer service, but in spite of my acceptance, I'm still, for some reason, disappointed to find that they still haven't updated the now-several-year-old changes to traffic patterns on a couple major highways in my area, nor the errors about turn restrictions and one-way streets that I've been reporting for the last 2 years.

Ask a Question