Disconnected GPRS

Hi there @tomtomart -
When was the last time you used your TT 6000 and TT 6200 when they were receiving traffic data? If it was between 12 - 18 months ago, the internal SIM is normally disconnected from the network due to non use. If the 2g network is still operational in your country that TomTom uses for your devices (normally Vodafone or possibly Orange) then TT would need to replace the internal SIMs at a cost.
Your TT (GO?) 6200 I believe also has Bluetooth connectivity, so you could pair your mobile phone to receive traffic data that way.
sorry Man I'm old... like a grandpa, licensed amateur radio enthusiast, computer hardware engineer, signal installer engineer... I'm not dummy TT tech support with no tech skills... so... I know when someone is pushing me shit! like TT now!
and I appreciate your advice but I verificate before everything what is possible and I'm 100% sure TT milking peoples for cheat fault devices! They are thieves at the moment!
Sorry my english I'm forefinger.
Cheers

I now guys that you're all trying to understand and help me with... but TT isn't!!, and there is problem. TT want milking customers!I'm at the beginning, the rest is coming.

My Go5200 won't connect GPRS despite resetting etc. Contacted TomTom which said my Sim was working ok, subcription current and works on WiFi . Went through several steps to fix. Then they said to send in for repair...£90? No thanks, I'll use Waze.

My Go5200 won't connect GPRS despite resetting etc. Contacted TomTom which said my Sim was working ok, subcription current and works on WiFi . Went through several steps to fix. Then they said to send in for repair...£90? No thanks, I'll use Waze.
Have you tried turning off the WIFI and restart the device?
When I'm at home, the GPRS status will show disconnected, as it's connected to WIFI.
I tried forgetting the WIFI and restart the device, the GPRS will then connect and gets live traffic there.

Dear all,

I have a TomTom GO 5200 EU45, purchased and activated at the end of January 2019.
Over this past Christmas break it was never able to connect to the GPRS network for receiving traffic information.
I have rebooted the device, but it stayed isolated, no GPRS connection.
In the attached Photo you can see the icon on the screen signalling the missing GPRS connection. In the Info page of the device it states that the GPRS status is 'disconnected'.
Is anyone having the same issue? Any clue on what is going on and how to fix it?

Kind Regards
Nicola
Hi! i have the same problem with you. i have a tomtom model go 5000 and it not possible conect grps then it hasn't tomtom traffic. Is possible that give me a telephone number of sopport in Spanish.
Thanks

Ask a Question