Disconnect Device not working

My TomTom Home 2 software does not disconnect Device when selected. The device can be removed but prior to upgrading to 2.2.2.83 the unit would go into the starting up screen.

Starting up everything seems to be working fine. My Vista operating system sees the Go 720 when I plug into the base and then opens TomTom Home software.

I do notice that it creates two hardware drive on my computer -drive (H) and drive (M). It does close them but fails to release the unit from the computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Can't help much really but I have the same problem since upgrading to 2.2.2.83. When TTHome says it's afe to disconnect my device I just unplug it the my TT does a reboot of sorts, the way it used to when I clicked disconnect device.

Just assumed it's a glitch and will be fixed in the next update ;)

I spoke to support and they said it was a glitch and would be addressed in a future release.

Are you using the Vista operating system?

I still have the problem and like you it works fine on my other XP computer. I think we need to wait for a new version of TomTom Home.

I still have the problem and like you it works fine on my other XP computer. I think we need to wait for a new version of TomTom Home.

I think in Device Manager you could delete all usb controllers and reboot. Windows will recreate them. Then see whether the disconnect works properly.

I'm not sure that would do anything because if I go and look at TomTom as a mass storage device on my computer I am able to right click and eject it. The TomTom then disconnects just as it would have if the Home version worked. I'm still thinking its a problem in TomTom Home of Vista.

Ask a Question