disabling auto turn on (w/ignition) on my 910

I have looked EVERYWHERE and cannot find anyone that has their 910 hard wired, but doesn't want it to turn on with the ignition.

I know exactly where I am going 98% of the time and do not see any need to have my 910 turn on if I do not intend on using it. I would like to have it hard wired and constantly charging while hidden in the glovebox. When I need to use it to find a local route, I will pull it out and use the battery power.

I cannot achieve this because the 910 turns on everytime I turn on the car. Has anyone found a way to disable the auto turn on feature?

Any help would be appreciated.

It's interesting what you ask because there are various people who would **kill** just to have auto turn on functionality with their units!

A firmware upgrade over a year ago killed off this functionality so it's interesting that you have it on your unit. What firmware do you have?

I have firmware version 7.9 installed on my 910 which tomtom home is stating to be the most current version for my 910. Maybe TomTom brought this feature back for the 910 recently. If anyone by chance knows the version in which the auto turn on was disabled, I'd appreciate knowing that. I have been through every option on it and only see an option to disable the auto turn off feature..which is the opposite of what I am looking for.

If their are people that would "kill" to have this turn on feature, I'd be the guy that would kill to not have it...and would be willing to trade for one that doesn't.

I believe the last firmware that allowed it was way back in the Navcore 6 range.

Ask a Question