Disabled "Computer Voice", After software Update

Hi. I have a TomTom 720 and just recently updated to the latest software ver 8.010. AFter downloading and installing the software I noticed that the "computer voice" ( that says the street names ) is disabled / not working. The other voices works but of course does not say the street names. How do I fix this?
Thanks.

Hi. I have a TomTom 720 and just recently updated to the latest software ver 8.010. AFter downloading and installing the software I noticed that the "computer voice" ( that says the street names ) is disabled / not working. The other voices works but of course does not say the street names. How do I fix this?
Thanks.

Can you reselect the voice using the Add maps/voices option of Home? (Go to icon, arrow right 2 screens and you're offered computer voices).

I just tried your suggestion but after clicking "computer voices", no items available came out... :(

Or, just simply d/l one of the voices off HOME.

And then make certain you've TICKED the correct boxes in VOICES preferences.

what i did was, browsed the device and looked for the computer voice and copied the whole folder to my computer. opened HOME and ticked the "computer voice" for delete and the HOME optioned me to save the files first before deleting it from the device, so saved it first.
Then deleted the files using HOME. disconnected TOMTOM and connected it again. manually copied the "computer voice" from my computer and power-off-on TOMTOM and it recognized the "computer voice" again and it started to "talk"... thanks for the replies. i appreciate it.

I had a similar issue - after the update I lost computer voice. Spoke to TT Tech Support they tried to delete the app but nothing helps, tried to delete all the voices and reinstalling. It is acting wierd on the TT -on TT Home it shows the voices installed but on the device No computer voices and vice a versa. I will call the TT today and otherwise I might have to return as I just bought it.

My TT is less than a year and has extended warranty for 2 yrs. I can still see some issue even if the "computer voice" is back. sometimes, when choosing other voices and pressing the TEST button, no sound comes out unless you press DONE and test from main screen... I hope TT support can send a patch to fix this. other than this issue, TT 720 works very well. I also have a Garmin Nuvi 660... Good luck..

I had a similar issue - after the update I lost computer voice. Spoke to TT Tech Support they tried to delete the app but nothing helps, tried to delete all the voices and reinstalling. It is acting wierd on the TT -on TT Home it shows the voices installed but on the device No computer voices and vice a versa. I will call the TT today and otherwise I might have to return as I just bought it.

It's a known bug that when you disconnect your unit from the computer after using Home, especially the emulator (Operate my Go), your unit 'loses' some settings, especially a computer voice selected.

You have to add back via preferences-->voices-->the computer voice.

I was able to solve the problem. I had an sD card and the application moved to the card somehow. The voice and the Application got corrupted so took the SD card out the rep asked me to put just one Computer voice on the TT and reinstalled voice and application on the main system and is now working great.
The only issue I now have is how to get the mount to stick to the windshield without falling.
:)

I think I might have the same problem. I just bought the 720, everything worked fine until I plugged it in and updated through HOME. Now the computer voices are there, but if you select it no sound comes out at all. The other voices work fine, but even in the selection screen if you tap "Test" nothing happens. Tried deleting the computer voices and redownloading and installing through HOME. I will try a couple more things when I get home.

Bought this yesterday for my wife's birthday today and tried to have it all set up and in her car to surprise her this morning, but she will have to go without the road names being spoken until we figure something out or return it for a new one. Got up extra early to try to fix this, but nothing helped. She was still happy but I was frustrated.

Still a problem

Updated today to Navigator 8.351, by using TTHome version 2.6.4.1641 The accopanying notes all say that these are both "lateste versions" . But now, trying to use a computer voice--Susan--Home says that "you cannot use this feature because it is not supported by your device" Why not? when previously it was? What version of Navigator can I still get that will support computer voices? Dumb me...I don't have any prior backups.

It's not called 'Navigator', it's called 'Navcore' and refers to the application.

Anyway, what model do you have and what map version do you have? (tap the satellite bars to see the version number of the application installed and tap the version number to see the map and version number installed).

Report back, please.

Ask a Question