Did I get a new unit or has it been used before?

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased what I thought to be a new TomTom One unit and have been using it for a week. I've been reading many posts from this forum trying to learn as much as I can about this product. I have one quick question that I hope someone might be able to answer.

If you purchased a brand new unit, do you have to enter your product code and device code at www.ttcode.com to activate the unit before using it? Or would it work straight out of the box?

The reason I ask is because I haven't activated it but my unit is working. Does this mean that this unit may have been previously used by someone else? I find this a little bit strange because the box came in perfect condition with everything wrapped in what seemed to be original packaging. I would appreciate any answers on this. Thank you very much in advance for the help.

It seems you have a new unit as you mentioned that it came in original packing. The activation you are talking about is for map activation which you don't need to do right out of the box as the maps should already be activated.

Ask a Question