Device stopped indicating which side destination is on

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 2nd ed, GO 2535
Why has my TomTom GO 2535 stopped indicating which side of the street my destination is on?

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds. Then plan a route (reasonable short -- a few miles, maybe). Do a demo of the route. Do you hear the indicator prompt now? And you do have a computer voice selected, right?

Awesome!!! That fixed it. I am so grateful to you.

The answer I got from the TomTom 'Support' Team (after multiple emails) was:

In order to resolve the issue, you will have to hard reset your TomTom device. You will loose all the settings and the favorites and the POI's which you have created. You will loose all your data which you have saved on your TomTom device. Further, I would like to inform you that this is the first step which needs to performed, the other step you will have to completely remove the application and map on your device and then reinstall it again.

But, hey, he/she did say: "I regret for the inconvenience caused to you."

THANK YOU!

Gotta love those tech support guys. What most of them know of these units from any actual experience you could, as my mother used to say, put into a thimble. At least you'd think someone could straighten out the 'scripts' so they give better advice, if not the best advice.
FWIW: What dhn had you perform was a 'soft' reset.

Jay Tree, we have contacts in Tomtom's support and can tell them to investigate/improve their scripting.

Do you have a case number we can refer to them about this?

TomTom: missing feature [Incident: 140702-002123]

What is even more annoying is that the first response to my question was to just reset to factory settings. No other approach was suggested and it wasn't until I wrote back and asked what that would mean with regard to my favorites, POIs, etc was I told that everything would be wiped out (which is what I suspected). And the fact that backups are no longer available on newer models makes this even more inconsiderate.

Ask a Question