Device can't find roads.

Hey guys, I have a Tomtom One 3rd edition. I live in Texas. My job requires me to travel all over central east Texas to out in the middle of nowhere places. Alot of times when I try to enter an address that resides on a county road, the device can't find the country road. But yet i can brows the map on the unit and find the county road manually. How do I fix this?

Welcome to TTF.

When you first enter a 'city' for the address, are you sure the location is associated with the correct city or town? TT's address database is picky and if you slect a location, TT may not find it if its database has the address in a neighbouring town.

Yes, I'm sure the address is correct. The addresses are our customer's mailing address. I've tried to look for the county roads using neighboring towns but it still can't find them. I have to sit for however long it takes me to manually brows the unit's map until I find it. But I don't get turn by turn navigation using that method.

Or you can use Browse map initially if you wish, then once you've got the blue cursor on the road you want, tap the blue button at the bottom of the screen and select "Navigate there"

Does the ONE 3rd have the little blue button with the + in it?

I don't have that exact model in front of me, but I didn't think that feature was missing.

It is shown on the picture of the browse map screen on page 21 of the downloadable ONE 3rd Edition Manual here, but I've known TomTom manuals to be wrong before....;)

One_v3_Browse_map_screen.jpg

Ask a Question