Destination always on right

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 540-S
I just bought a TomTom XXL 540-S. I have the latest 840 map and my unit says my app version is 8.550.

When I drive to a destination that should be on the left, the TomTom has me drive around the back to come around the other direction so the destination is on the right instead of the left. The road wasn't divided. This happened twice today.
My starting point was in zip code 76126.
The first destination was Fry's in Arlington. Its on Matlock Rd. and E Stephens st.
From there, we went to 425 SW Wilshire blvd in Burleson, Tx and the same thing happened.
I would rather make a left turn into the places than drive a few blocks around. Is there a way for me to change this?

Thanks for any help,
Yvonne

P.S.
Thanks to this forum, I have my TomTom personalized already. This is a great site.

Last edited:
Fry's official address is 102 E I-20, which is the one-way onramp to I-20. So Tomtom routes you to the onramp, not the intersection of Matlock and E Stephens. You can go to mapshare and move the store on your map if there are other more convenient entrances for you.

425 SW Wilshire blvd is on a divided road per the Tomtom map. Tomtom has to go from the proper side because it assumes you can't cross the median. If that is an error, you should report it in mapshare so that tomtom can set the road up as non-divided in a future map. If you were looking to make a u-turn, there is a u-turn avoidance nuisance with Tomtom, and a workaround is here.

Ask a Question