Destination Address

Hello;

My name is Philip from Sayreville New Jersey. I have a TomTom one
I just bought. My problem is when I go to enter an address such as
for example (105-38 206 place, queen N.Y ) there is no option to for a
hypen(-) for the street number (105-38). If you have a tom tom one you can try it. Here is what I did.

I tap on street and house number, the next screen ask for the city, which is queens N.Y, the next screen ask for the street, which is 206 place, on the last screen, which ask for the house number (105-38), when I enter 105 and look at the keyboard for the hyphen(-) there none, so I cannot complete the street number (105-38). I would appreciate anyone out there if they have a solution to my delema.

Thank you Philip

Hey Phil, welcome to the forum! Just type in the number as it is (103-05 = 10305), and the TT1 will handle the rest for you. Don't worry 'bout the hyphen, it's not needed. Let us know how you make out! ;)

Hey Phil, welcome to the forum! Just type in the number as it is (103-05 = 10305), and the TT1 will handle the rest for you. Don't worry 'bout the hyphen, it's not needed. Let us know how you make out! ;)

OK I just tested this real quick. And he's right, there is no hyphen.

If he puts 10305, could that potentially navigate him blocks off? I would just use 103. Or is the TomTom database knowing that 10305 is really 103-05?

I haven't run into a hyphenated destination yet...

Hey battom, glad you 're feeling better! I got worried when I saw your inverted avatar - welcome back! ;)

Regarding hyphenated addresses: I've loaded several POI's with hyphenated addresses and I haven't had any problems locating them. The addresses appear as 5 digit numbers without a hyphen.

Try this address: 159-06 Union Tpke, Queens, NY and see what happens. If you go to either side of the address on the 'map of route' screen you should see similar addresses without any hyphen. :)

I tried that.
TomTom (15906) ,S&T and Google Maps (159-06, Union tpke, NY).
TomTom & Google got the same result (between 159th & 160th), while S& T got me a completely different location.

I tried that.
TomTom (15906) ,S&T and Google Maps (159-06, Union tpke, NY).
TomTom & Google got the same result (between 159th & 160th), while S& T got me a completely different location.

S&T got a different location?? Which one was correct??? I have navigated to many hyphenated address numbers... just leave it out....in the UK addressing may be differnt, I don't know.

As for South East North and West..... I have found it best to just use E S N W....

like this E 20th street instead of East 20th Street.....

TomTom is not consistent with the data, sometimes it will show as words and sometimes as letters. and DONT put "E." that usually will not work.

Try finding Palmdale, Ca streets! they are tough..... like 3100 East Avenue R4..........and 2100 West Avenue R-12..

That is where I have more trouble.....sometimes with the hyphenated name, sometimes without....sometimes it should "r-12" but for another "R4"

Ask a Question