Destination address location

I've had TomTom for about three months now and I'm pretty happy with it. One big problem, however, that Garmin does a good job of is the final destination placement.

Punch in an address of a store or a restraint and TomTom will only get you within 300 feet of the place.. It will not even tell you on what side of the road the destination is. Knowing left or right side of the road is huge problem when you take an expressway.. Any third part fix for this or plans from TomTom to fix?

It does tell you but only visually, not audibly. Just look at the screen and if the POI or address is on one side of the road, you'll see an arrow to that respective side.

However, for some reason, some POIs are in the "middle" of the road so sometimes it doesn't tell you which side but I think for addresses it will always tell you the side of your destination.

It does tell you but only visually, not audibly. Just look at the screen and if the POI or address is on one side of the road, you'll see an arrow to that respective side.

However, for some reason, some POIs are in the "middle" of the road so sometimes it doesn't tell you which side but I think for addresses it will always tell you the side of your destination.

I have 510 and never seen the Arrow you talk about.. Weird

I have 510 and never seen the Arrow you talk about.. Weird
hmm.... I'll have to find a screenshot then. I don't have the screendump program on my ONE.

Edit: Can't find any that have the arrow.

Maybe someone can screendump it.

Last edited:
If the TT knows what side of the road the destination is on, it will give you the arrow. Many times it doesn't know, so it just shows the flag with no arrow. Back in my TT 700 days, there was no arrow at all. But with the newer units (910/ONE in my case) I see the arrow more than I don't.

It's also on my wishlist that TT incorporate this into their next software version, actually SPEAKING what side of the road the destination is on. I do miss that about Garmin. Magellan units have this also.

Do you mean this arrow?

arrow.jpg

If the TT knows what side of the road the destination is on, it will give you the arrow. Many times it doesn't know, so it just shows the flag with no arrow. Back in my TT 700 days, there was no arrow at all. But with the newer units (910/ONE in my case) I see the arrow more than I don't.

It's also on my wishlist that TT incorporate this into their next software version, actually SPEAKING what side of the road the destination is on. I do miss that about Garmin. Magellan units have this also.
Indeed. My friend's (free) GPS prgm on his PDA actually says the side in which the destination is to be found.

Wow! I have NEVER seen this arrow before. Addresses or POI and I have the newest maps (month ago from DVD).

Arrow would be very helpful indeed, but I never once saw it before. When you're traveling on the street, it just says final destination in X miles (no location indication). I haven't seen any kind of switch in Settings for this!?

Ask a Question