Deletion of Favorites on Updating Mapping

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL
Each time I use the TomTom HOME service to updates my maps, the system deletes all of by Favorites (= pre-programmed destinations), requiring me to laboriously input all of them again. Q1: why does TomTom do this? Q2: how can I stop it happening? Q3: is there a fast way in which to re-insert them once again?

Copy the mapsettings.cfg file from a previously backed up specific map folder to the new map folder (such as UK_andROI) on the unit.

Thanks! ... and a suggestion

Thanks, that worked fine. I'll remember it for the future. May I respectfully suggest that you provide users with the option of achieving this automatically each time they carry out a map update; we generally don't change favorites as often as you provide map updates!

We're not related to TomTom, and believe me, we've given them an ear full about this in the past. Devices operating on firmware 9.XXX and above no longer seem to suffer from this problem.

Ask a Question