Deletion of Favorites on Updating Mapping

Discussion in 'TomTom Home and MyTomTom Software' started by Mel Owen, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Mel Owen

Mel Owen

TomTom Model(s):
    ONE XL
    Each time I use the TomTom HOME service to updates my maps, the system deletes all of by Favorites (= pre-programmed destinations), requiring me to laboriously input all of them again. Q1: why does TomTom do this? Q2: how can I stop it happening? Q3: is there a fast way in which to re-insert them once again?

Mel Owen, Jun 11, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Mel Owen

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    Copy the mapsettings.cfg file from a previously backed up specific map folder to the new map folder (such as UK_andROI) on the unit.

dhn, Jun 11, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Mel Owen

Mel Owen

TomTom Model(s):
    ONE XL
    Thanks! ... and a suggestion

Thanks, that worked fine. I'll remember it for the future. May I respectfully suggest that you provide users with the option of achieving this automatically each time they carry out a map update; we generally don't change favorites as often as you provide map updates!

Mel Owen, Jun 11, 2012
  4. Mel Owen

canderson Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO720 GO 740 GO1535 GO1605 VIA1535 GO 600
    We're not related to TomTom, and believe me, we've given them an ear full about this in the past. Devices operating on firmware 9.XXX and above no longer seem to suffer from this problem.

canderson, Jun 11, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question