Deleting uneccesary files on 3rd edition

First a thank you to all on here, I have been able to get itineray planning on my 3rd edition after weeks of trying:D, should have come here first.
What im trying to find out is what files I can safetly remove fom my tomtom to make room for more itineray routes. I had to restore version 7 of navcom if that makes any difference to what I can delete, the most obivious one I can think of is just to have one voice on there (to remove a voice I take it I have to remove all 3 files assocaited with that voice?)

In the photos folder, you can remove any graphics not needed. In the licences folder, remove any files without EN or US in the file name. Does your model play mp3's? If so, remove any sample mp3 files from the mp3 folder.

In the photos folder, you can remove any graphics not needed. In the licences folder, remove any files without EN or US in the file name. Does your model play mp3's? If so, remove any sample mp3 files from the mp3 folder.

In the licence folderthere is a lot of files like EULA-Spanish-NO_US CAN or EULA-Spanish-US CAN (change spanish for a host of european countries) can I delete these except for the ones EULA-English-US CAN

in the map folder you can delete all the cspeech files (if present) in your USA_and_Canada folder. They are used for speech recognition and the tomtom ONE doesn't have a microphone.

Of course before deleting anything you should have a full explorer backup of all your files, just in case you delete too much.

I had the ?TomTom HOME Install.app? folder and InstallTomTomHOME.exe which could be deleted. Also the Guam map/folder. Of course a full backup before deleting anything ensures mistakes can be resolved...

You know, the .itn files are just tiny text files that take up virtually no space at all. So I don't think there is much of a problem finding space.

Ask a Question