deleting route

Hi All
I just got my GO 920T today and I am in the process of getting to know it. When I went to "tomtom home" it installed version 7.481. I havn't figured out how to get the map version yet. When I load a route into it everything seems to work OK but when I try to delete a route on the second page of the "navigate to" menu sometimes it has an option to delete and other times it does not have the option. I can change the route to another route and the option normally shows up. Am I doing something wrong or do I have a glitch in the software. Also the free map deal says my code is no good. Where do I find my map version. Thanks
Bobaber

I found the answer, I was in the "Navigate to" menu instead of the maim menu. Delete the route is on page 3 of the main menu.

bobaber;

to find the map version you have to touch the screen in the lower right corner of the screen where the signal strength bars are (above the speed number). This will bring up another screen where you will see on the right hand side the battery strength, the number of satellites, the lat/long coordinates and below that the version number of your firmware. touch the screen again at the version number and it will display the other information including the map currently being used.

It will probably show that you have North America map 7.10. If you have the Europe map active it will show that one. In any case, you do not have the latest maps. The latest maps are version 7.20. You should phone Tomtom support: Check out this thread:

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=9083

A lot of us have had a hard time getting TomTom to update both maps but recently they seem to be better. Tell them you want them to update BOTH maps and they will hopefully do it for you.

As you will see from the above thread, I also had problems and ended up returning the unit. I later purchased another 920 and this time they updated both maps with no problem.

Sorry to be so long winded and Good Luck.

Last edited:

Ask a Question