Deleting Cline.dat

TomTom Model(s)
Go 630
Created a second backup of the original that was created by Tom Tom Home. I do not need this second backup anymore and went I went to delete it the maps portion stated "access denied". It seems that "cline.dat is the one that denies access. Does anyone know how to delete this?

From where are you trying to delete the file? Your computer? Do you have home running?

Deleting from the computer from the folder that I created as a secondary backup or a mirror image of the folder created by Home.

No can not be done. Had a different problem with this unit it was giving me a warning at cross walks and Tom Tom support had me reset the unit. Well that fixed that problem then they suggested that I do another backup and rename the file which could not be done. I have never come across this with microsoft. I can remove Home and still the folder remains undeletable. If I make another folder by copy and paste that one can not be removed. Just repeats "access denide" Even tried dedicated software to remove folder, no luck. Some how its encoded by Tom Tom.

Try to right click on the file, 'Properties' , do you see 'Read-Only' for Attributes ? If it's checked then uncheck it.

Yes I got on the micrsoft site this morning and I did find unlocker. Downloaded the feebe and it cleared up my problems. Thank you very much for your help. I am going to do some more research this afternoon with some stuff on microsoft to see what caused this. Thanks again and have a good day.

Ask a Question