Delete Device from Account??

TomTom Model(s)
TTXL335S and TT1
I have had a Tom Tom device for several years now and my original device has an account under my email. Last Christmas my wife got me a VIA 1400 and during the setup I discovered the one device per email account rule so I setup the account using her email address and updated the software, maps etc. We used it numerous times over the winter and it worked well. I have not used the device since March so as we are just heading out for vacation I thought I would plug it into my computer and check for any updates. MyDrive has been lurking in my task bar since my initial install and it immediately connected to my device and told me I had two updates waiting. In order to get the updates I had to log in to the devices account. When I logged into the account using my email address it told me my device was not supported?? Of course I forgot the device was setup with my wife's email. After spending more time than I care to admit my wife reminded me that it had been setup with her email account - an account that she has since closed. We did retrieve the account name and password and finally got the device connected but what a pain. In order to prevent this from happening again I was hoping to remove my old device which is associated with my account and transfer the new device however I cannot seem to find any place in either account where the associated device is listed, let alone a way to delete and transfer. Is this possible or am I stuck using my wife's disabled email account with my new device? Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

It's not critical that the email address even be 'real' for most purposes. You can feel free to go ahead using it for the time being.

However, MyDrive should be capable of handling this. If you create a new account with a new email address, it will attempt to associate a device with it (simply having it plugged in as I recall), and I believe you're allowed to change accounts on any given device every 6 months. It's something I rarely do, so I don't recall the specifics. I'm sure someone else here recalls any other details you might need to know about.

Thanks, I was given the option after I logged into MyDrive with email account to link a different device or something to that effect however it did not work. I kept getting the message that the link failed try again later. If this is not the process to change accounts could someone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks

Ask a Question