Delete Built in POI

Is it possible to delete the installed POI? I don't want to know the location of McDonalds etc :-( TIA

Is it possible to delete the installed POI? I don't want to know the location of McDonalds etc :-( TIA
There is no need to delete the installed ones although you can do that with Windows Explorer.

You can just go to Change preferences > Show POI on map and there untag the ones you do not with to display.

YOu can delete and install new poi's 2 ways. In Mapshare go to Edit poi then follow the screens in which you will get a page to delete poi. You can also add or delete poi on the " manage poi " screen. Both ways you can also add catagories.

Arno what device are you using as not all support MapShare, also if you have a custom menu installed this will stop the MapShare and HelpMe fiction icons from being displayed - Mike

Mike,
As per my signature, I use a 930.
I do have Autosuspend sw on 4 of 4 in the Main Menu but I also have Help on 1 of 4.
On what screen should the MapShare be displayed?
Arno

Don't have unit here but is it Browse Map-->Map corrections-->Mapshare, etc? (something like that)

It should be top right of page two from the main menu it is on my 930, sorry for not spotting the device in the sig as I was using the iPhone at the time - Mike

Don't have unit here but is it Browse Map-->Map corrections-->Mapshare, etc? (something like that)
It was the Mapshare that threw me and I still don't see it, but following your Map corrections suggestion I got there.

It should be top right of page two from the main menu it is on my 930, sorry for not spotting the device in the sig as I was using the iPhone at the time - Mike
Thanks. Slightly different on mine.
--> Main Menu 2 --> Browse map --> [ Options ] --> Map detail preferences, Points of interest [ v ] --> [ Done ]

View attachment 2712
View attachment 2713

Last edited:

Ask a Question