delayed write failed

Tomtom one XL IQR

During large updates I receive a "delayed write failed" error message from Windows XP (and 2000).
I've read a lot of Windows related post/forum and applied all the solution proposed, but I still find hard to update the system.
Windows XP and 2000 where both fully updated with the latest SP/fix available.

I'd like to update the map... but this regularly end up in a dead system.

Transferring large files with Linux is not fast but at least it doesn't fail. Unfortunately TomTom home works just in Windows... and it seems it does some extra magic other than transfering files...

Considering I've no problem writing to a flash pen drive in Windows or Linux:
a) TomTom hardware should be improved
b) TomTom software should properly deal with the limitations of the hardware and the Operating System it decided to support....
b) at least TomTom folks should improve their HOWTO section to help user solve this problem

I could be wrong but II believe that is the error you get if there is a momentary loss of connection between your computer and network. If I'm right you need to get a stable connection between your wireless router, if you are unable you'll need to use a wire.

Typically with windows, at least XP you'll see the bubble pop up at the bottom telling you have have an excellent connection etc etc. That is a connection that was lost and reconnected....

Then again maybe I'm getting my errors confused.. :)

Anyway if I am right like I mentioned its mostly due to the way you have your network setup, not TT Home or even Windows for that matter.

It is not a network error.
It happens even with local files moved directly on the TomTom drive.
So network is excluded.

I've seen others report this, it began in app 8.411. The Tomtom appears to work fine as HOME must be doing retries to compensate for the error.

Is this fixed in app 8.415?

Ask a Question