dead end or road block or map update???

I have 920 model and have big problem trying to figure out how to correct something. I routinely travel via HWY 99 in Vancouver, WA. About a year ago a bridge went out on that rd. and my GPS started routing around it. The bridge has now been repaired. PROBLEM: Everytime I enter a new "navigate to" address it returns a route that goes around that HWY. I do not know if I have blocked that rd on my unit or if I have downloaded an update that blocked that rd. or if it's listed as a dead end or a blocked road or what so I do not know how to adjust my unit to be current. I tried "unblock roads" but do not know how to find if I have blocked roads. I've tried everything else I can think of but am lost. Any help would be appreciated. The location of the bridge is in Vancouver, WA at approx intersection of NE Highway 99 and NE 117th St.
THANKS,
Dan MacNeil
the website guy
(e-mail address removed)

If you can supply the coordinates ,others can check their units and depending on Map versions provide confirm if its just your unit.

we're are gonna need a map version,unit model and app version.

If you can supply the coordinates ,others can check their units and depending on Map versions provide confirm if its just your unit.

We're are gonna need a map version,unit model and app version.

Thanks for that response. I tried a few other things. I reset the unit and now it is no longer avoiding the portion of Hwy 99 that it previously avoided. I am assuming that somebody corrected the map when the bridge was closed and I downloaded that correction through mapshare. Now that the bridge is open again nobody has made the3 correction and I don't know how to so I am just not using mapshare for map updates to avoid possibly downloaded that again.
Dan MacNeil
the website guy
(e-mail address removed)

Thanks for that response. I tried a few other things. I reset the unit and now it is no longer avoiding the portion of Hwy 99 that it previously avoided. I am assuming that somebody corrected the map when the bridge was closed and I downloaded that correction through mapshare. Now that the bridge is open again nobody has made the3 correction and I don't know how to so I am just not using mapshare for map updates to avoid possibly downloaded that again.
Dan MacNeil
the website guy
(e-mail address removed)

I was going to say that I've never had a MapShare update that insisted on overwriting my MapShare update, but then I realize I've entered speed limit corrections for North First St. in San Jose more than once for the same map version. Evidently someone discovered that the speed limit for the section of road I travel isn't the speed limit closer to downtown, and doing it by road section will take a year and a day.

Anyhow; glad to hear you've got it working. Report your findings to Support please; it sounds like someone didn't give a lot of thought to conflicting MapShare updates or MapShare "wars" between submitters.

Ask a Question